Building a sustainable world through responsible, ICT-enabled transformation
News & Events
- The Role of ICT in Driving Sustainability
- Providing the solution to the climate change challenge: the role of ICT in driving a sustainable future
- The most recent climate change findings are alarming. The accumulation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the Earth’s atmosphere is growing faster than originally predicted. If nothing is done, global GHG emissions are projected to rise by 12 per cent to 55 GtCO2e by 2020 and by 63 per cent over current levels to 80 GtCO2e by 2050. COP18, taking place in Doha, Qatar from 26 November to 7 December, provides one more opportunity for governments to discuss how they can reduce GHG emissions and prevent the catastrophic effects of climate change.
- Read More
- Industry collaboration - taking big steps towards smaller carbon footprints
- The first draft of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol ICT sector guidance was released for public comment in March 2012. The second draft is due to be published in August, with final publication planned for autumn 2012.
- Read More
- Green Server
To practise what we preach the GeSI website is hosted on an environmentally-friendly data centre located in Toronto, Canada. Green methods were employed wherever possible in the construction and for the ongoing and future operation of the data centre.
- Become a Member
Each of us has the opportunity to help change the world. Join GeSI to work directly with members of the ICT sector and the greater sustainability community worldwide to alter the direction of how technology influences sustainability.