Start Date: 13th February 2013End Date: 13th February 2013
Start Time: 09:00 AMEnd Time: 06:00 PM
Event Agenda: /uploads/2018/01/ict4s-agenda.pdf
The World Resources Forum (WRF), the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), GeSI and Hewlett-Packard (HP) jointly organised the workshop ICT solutions for sustainable lifestyles that was held within the framework of the ICT4S conference on 13 February 2013 in Zürich, Switzerland.
The purpose of the workshop was to create dialogue on the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in enabling sustainable lifestyles among stakeholders ranging from social scientists to industry and policy-makers. The workshop showcased promising ICT solutions helping consumers to be more sustainable and resource-efficient. It also inspired new approaches to unleash the potential of ICT for sustainability. As well as presented the views of different organizations working on green ICT solutions, highlighting the role that standards, regulations and public policies play in moving from proof of concept to mainstream implementation.
- Bas de Leeuw, Managing Director, WRF.
- Flavio Cucchietti, Vice Chairman of ITU-T Study Group 5, ITU.
- Alice Valvodova, Executive Director, GeSI.
- Heinz Gutscher Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Social Psychology, University of Zürich.
- John A. "Skip" Laitner, Principal, Economic and Human Dimensions Research Associates, and Senior Fellow, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE).