Event Venue: Verizon, 435 W 50th Street New York, NY 10019
After the successful launch in Brussels, the Global e-Sustainability Initiative
will unveil a preview
of its upcoming research on the potential of ICT to support human rights
in New York City.
While acknowledging that the industry must prioritize its own responsibilities to minimize its impacts on human rights, the #EnablingRights report identifies a range of specific technology needs that human rights champions and defenders have, and the related scope of human rights challenges that digital technology applications could address.
The event will present ICT solutions ranging from blockchain technology for workers' digital registries tracking forced labor to satellite imagery and machine learning software tools to identify human trafficking routes; from data analytics and digital network solutions to address the global refugee crisis, to solutions protecting child safety online.
GeSI members and human rights experts will discuss this transformative potential, and the barriers to address in order to realize it. Together with its report, GeSI will also present its plan to launch a major initiative for a Human Rights Technology Innovators' Network, to accelerate the digital access and connectivity supporting of the use of technology for human rights.
Join us on June 7 and be a part of the discussion on how to:
- Keep up with, and apply effectively, the latest generations of ICT innovation such as 5G networks, IoT, machine learning, data analytics...;
- Advance R&D leading to innovative human rights technology;
- Bridge the cultural differences between the ICT industry and human rights community;
- Build the capability of human rights defenders to use digital solutions;
- Develop smart regulation, standards, and frameworks for the way technology is used.
This event is free of charge and seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.