Published on: 2019-03-27
Senior Project Manager (F/M)
The Global Enabling Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) is a strategic partnership of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector committed to creating and promoting digital technologies and practices that foster economic, environmental and social sustainability.
Formed in 2001, GeSI’s vision is a sustainable world through responsible, ICT-enabled transformation. GeSI fosters global and open cooperation, informs the public of its members’ actions to improve their sustainability performance, and promotes technologies that foster sustainable development.
GeSI enjoys a diverse and global membership, representing around 25 of the world’s leading ICT companies, and partners with over 30 global business and international organizations. To learn more: www.gesi.org.
GeSI is hiring a Senior Project Manager (F/M) for its Brussels office. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of different initiatives spanning the multiple sustainability areas of the association (climate change, supply chain, human rights);
- Ensuring that the different projects are aligned and directly support the achievement of the association’ strategic objectives;
- Working with the GeSI team and Board to ensure the smooth administrative, operational and financial management of the association;
- Maintaining and enlarging the association’s network of members and partners;
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating team-work, innovation and excellence;
- Defining success criteria and disseminating them to involved parties throughout project implementation and reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities;
- Developing and managing all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues;
- Monitoring, tracking and controlling outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables;
- Presenting outcomes to various audiences, including sponsors and key stakeholders, and delivering appropriate and effective executive-level communication.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Significant and demonstrable experience within the ICT/digital/telco sector;
- Solid knowledge of sustainability issues including climate change, human rights, and/or supply chain;
- 5+ years of project management experience;
- Good understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques;
- Diplomatic and motivational skills;
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and to competing demands;
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Good organizational skills;
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs on-time, on-schedule and within budget;
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from sponsors, members, stakeholders and peers;
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and able to learn, understand and apply new technologies;
- Excellent English; French and additional languages a plus;
- Experience with membership-based organisations would be beneficial.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your 1-page application letter and 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position closed upon selection of a suitable candidate.