The World Resources Forum (WRF), the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), GeSI and Hewlett-Packard (HP) are jointly organising the workshop ICT solutions for sustainable lifestyles to be held within the framework of the ICT4S conference on 13 February 2013 in Zürich, Switzerland.
The purpose of the workshop is to create dialogue on the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in enabling sustainable lifestyles among stakeholders ranging from social scientists to industry and policy-makers. The workshop will showcase promising ICT solutions helping consumers to be more sustainable and resource-efficient. It will also inspire new approaches to unleash the potential of ICT for sustainability. As well as present the views of different organizations working on green ICT solutions, highlighting the role that standards, regulations and public policies play in moving from proof of concept to mainstream implementation.
- Bas de Leeuw, Managing Director, WRF. Download presentation
- Flavio Cucchietti, Vice Chairman of ITU-T Study Group 5, ITU. Download presentation
- Alice Valvodova, Executive Director, GeSI. Download presentation
- Heinz Gutscher Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Social Psychology, University of Zürich. Download presentation
- John A. "Skip" Laitner, Principal, Economic and Human Dimensions Research Associates, and Senior Fellow, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE). Download presentation
- e-Health: Heinz-Gerd Peters, Senior Expert Group Corporate Responsibility, Deutsche Telekom
- e-Education: Sibylle Rock, Worldwide Stakeholder Engagement Manager Environment & Education, HP
- Smart metering: Fabian Etter, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Swisscom
- Cloud computing: Dan Williams, Environmental Sustainability Research Manager, Microsoft
- Intelligent transport: Ulrike Vott, Sustainability Manager Middle East and Africa, Nokia
The workshop, which will run from 14:00 to 18:00, is free of charge and will be followed by a networking reception at the same venue.
Further details on the event can be found at http://www.ict4s.org/ and information about accommodation can be found at http://bit.ly/WttgJS.
Please register by Friday 8 February 2013 at bitly.com/XCmf0n.