Based in Brussels, the Digital with Purpose (DwP) Analyst is a full-time permanent role responsible for supporting the GeSI CEO and DwP Senior Programme Officer, managing administration, communications and stakeholder engagement, general support and help desk coordination.
About Digital with Purpose
The Digital with Purpose Movement is the next stage of GeSI's initiative following the launch of its Digital with Purpose report in 2019. The report found that digital technologies could have a transformational impact on our ability to meet the 2030 Agenda and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The movement also builds in the latest science, such as the IPCCs 1.5C special report, that have shown that digital solutions are needed to deliver the cost and resource efficient solutions needed for global sustainability.
To achieve this ambitious target, GeSI’s Digital with Purpose Movement will catalyse collective action and deployment of impactful digital solutions throughout society whilst ensuring the deployment of the technology is undertaken in responsible ways.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain communication materials including newsletter, blogs, website, events calendar and social media profiles
- Working with the GeSI and DwP leadership in building and maintaining media relations and drafting press releases
- Monitor media publications for member and industry news
- Assist with membership and activity programme enquiries
- Manage stakeholder database and Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Support event management at industry events and conferences when required
- Manage member and Board meetings including scheduling, minute taking and follow up
- Maintain close communication and regular reporting with DwP Stakeholders
- Support management of operational expenses and monthly financial reporting
- Support development of annual operational and activity budgets
- Manage office logistics, IT (hardware and software), communications and other tasks as necessary to ensure the DwP Secretariat runs smoothly
- University undergraduate degree in social sciences, political science, communications or environmental sciences.
- Minimum three years professional experience in sustainability, communications and/or administration and office management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sustainability issues, climate change and ICT industry highly desirable.
- A passion for the environment and corporate action.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English. High level of French proficiency highly desirable and other languages a bonus.
- Strong communication skills with a good understanding of social media.
- A team-oriented self-starter with excellent organisational skills, with ability to work independently and take ownership of and manage a range of tasks and activities at the same time.
- Advanced knowledge of CMS systems and website management skills with ability to administer and manage minor IT issues.
The position is full-time, hybrid (online and Brussels office) with salary commensurate with experience and includes reimbursement of public transport costs.
The DwP Analyst will report directly to the DwP Sr. Programme Officer and GeSI CEO.
Start date: ASAP
How to apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and resume to the GeSI Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21st January 2023.
Due to the very large number of applications received, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.