Building a sustainable world through responsible, ICT-enabled transformation
News & Events
- Greening through ICT Summit
- 4th Australasian Emissions Reduction Summit
- 2017/05/02 - 2017/05/03
- Innovation our way to the SDGs - a forum summary report
- The Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) and Verizon recently hosted a multi-stakeholder forum to identify the potential for information and communications technology (ICT) to catalyze progress towards the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Leaders from the ICT industry, other industry sectors, the technology startup sector, financial community, sustainability NGOs, academia, multilateral organizations, government, and media convened at the Verizon Innovation Center in San Francisco to spend a day focusing on the potential for innovative technology to address four priority solutions core to advancing the SDGs: (1) Food and agriculture; (2) Energy and climate; (3) Smart, sustainable communities; (4) Public health.
- Read More
- Turning risks into opportunities
- Earlier this year, the World Economic Forum released its 2017 Global Risks Report, providing ample reading material for the world’s elite as they trekked to the Forum’s annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.
- Read More
- Interview with Lee Stewart from Fujitsu about the Australian #SMARTer2030 report
- Fujitsu and Telstra presented in December last year the SMARTer2030 Report: Australian Opportunity for ICT Enabled Emission Reductions. Based on the #SMARTer2030 report, the study is showing that ICT can support the Australian Government to surpass its carbon reduction target. We spoke to Lee Stewart, Head of Sustainability in the Oceania region at Fujitsu.
- Read More
- Green Server
To practise what we preach the GeSI website is hosted on an environmentally-friendly data centre located in Toronto, Canada. Green methods were employed wherever possible in the construction and for the ongoing and future operation of the data centre.
- Become a Member
Each of us has the opportunity to help change the world. Join GeSI to work directly with members of the ICT sector and the greater sustainability community worldwide to alter the direction of how technology influences sustainability.